Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 13

guest post from brooke!

ever since i started reading brooke's blog , i have closeted both an irrational fear of admitting to her that i stalked hers regularly because i'll never tell a story nor be as witty as she is and an irrational fear of asking her to maybe, someday, hopefully post on my own blog. both fears were silly, namely because it was revealed she read mine (WHAT!) and when i asked her in the midst of her wedding planning and exciting life, i promise you she did reply in all caps and exclamation points. and i'll let my blog readers in on a secret: i know brooke in real life!!! i went to high school with brooke and also endured countless never-as-bad-as-i-expected-them-to-be early morning soccer conditionings together. brooke was always a hoot and extremely nice, but i secretly was also a huge fan-girl of her closet; ado, i always felt it was completely superior to my own. this girl has styleeeee! i'm completely excited to share with you all one of my favorite blogs that i read daily but also someone who comes from the same roots as my own. idahoans are of a special and spectacular breed, folks. go read (and follow!) her blog because you'll probably pee your pants from laughing. she's also beyond gorgeous and is getting married in less than a month and i can guarantee her wedding pictures are going to be out of this world. lastly, i really want her hat and
to rock lipstick so awesomely as she does.
_____________________________________________________________

IMG_3917 IMG_20120712_164101
Giant-cyber pinky promise to not make fun of my modeling attempts?(also, dear fashion bloggers, HOW DO YOU DO IT?! I have about...one pose and then I was stumped!)

Onwards.

Can I just tell you how excited I am to be here? When Maggie asked me to guest post on her blog I emailed her back a slew of capital letters and exclamation points. When she asked me to talk about my style, I peed on the floor…twice. You guys, I love clothes.

My style has evolved and changed over the years, thankfully. I love to adventure with my style—one day I’m sophisticated and preppy and the next day I’m in a tye-dye dress with a baseball tee underneath (no seriously, this happened 10th grade year—giant-cyber eye roll? Me too). This year, in particular, my style has undergone the most change.

College has forced me to rethink my closet and clothing purchases. With limited storage space, crazy weather (dangit, Utah winters!), and the freshman fifteen (A REAL THING!), I’ve been forced to recruit an army of basics to guide my through my days. I find myself wearing cotton t-shirts (Urban Outfitters men’s section!), chambray button ups, boyfriend jeans, and generous swipes of punchy lipstick (M.A.C. Chatterbox and Revlon Coral Crush, thank you) 95% of the time (usually not all together, usually).

My one piece of style advice: just own it. Even if you feel silly and realize halfway through the day that you look like a clown, own it. And layer. And also always shop the clearance section. And scour through T.J. Maxx every Tuesday. And do you like my hat? And did I say ‘my style’ enough times?

Good.

IMG_20120709_150639 IMAG0042-1

4 comments:

Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy) said...

haha thats funny its kind of cute...its like you two have a crush on each other! Well I'm glad for this guest post because she is as adorable as you say! I love the style as well, and the style advice is the advice that my friend Matt always gives me. One time I dressed up as a cat on a random friday night (post to come hopefully haha), and he saw me and just said "whatever, own it bitch."

Chloë, Wardrobe Quarry said...

I love the first outfit the best. But all are great. Thanks for the guest post!

Wardrobe Quarry

The Braided Bandit said...

She is adorable! I love that her style is laid back but she still looks really put together! Plus, she sounds actually self deprecating and funny- refreshing!
Thanks for the post :)
Hannah

Robyn Litchfield said...

cute blog, love the layout and all your spunky photos. keep up the good reads.
www.adashofrobs.blogspot.com