Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 4

red, white, and mint

DSC_3128 DSC_3131 I'm not really one for the 4th of July, but when presented with the opportunity to match a holiday, I really can't resist. I wasn't feeling any of of my red, white, and blue combinations, however, so when my new mint peter pan collared shirt was calling my name, I immediately snatched it up. It's official. The 'mint' trend is absolutely my favorite thing in the world. My next goal is to pair mint with mustard yellow. I found these shorts at the very bottom of my dresser this morning and I am embarrassed to admit that I completely forgot I owned them. I bought them last year but they fit a bit tighter around the middle than they do now and I think they might be my new favorite thing. Also, my newest addiction is everything Ruche. My wish-list is far too long to be even remotely affordable, but with my birthday coming up in twenty days (twenty days until I'm twenty!), I am hoping to get a few lovely things.

My days have consisted of four things and four things only these days: work, taking pictures, editing them, and reading. My photoshop is constantly running on my computer and I wake up in the morning to edit as many pictures as I can before getting to work. Immediately after work, I'm planning my shoot for the evening and thinking of locations, shots, and how to "capture" the person I'm about to take pictures of. It's been a blast. I think my parents are a little bit tired of me being gone every evening and I think my bank account is a little sad because of all the gas I'm using, but coming home to show my pictures to my dad and receive critique has been extremely rewarding. It's official: I'm hooked. Taking portraits of people is such a unique way of looking at someone; I feel like I'm seeing them in a completely different way. Dare I say, it's a bit more intimate than a face to face conversation when I'm trying to 'capture' them or a part of their personality. It's an interesting challenge and I'm having fun learning so much more about my SLR camera than I knew before. And I even booked my first paid gig last week.
DSC_3123 DSC_3136 DSC_3145 DSC_3139 DSC_3133
I'm wearing
shorts & shoes- Urban Outfitters
top- Shop Ruche
headband- Forever21

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that's so great that you're having so much fun with photography! My friend (who's a wonderful photographer) wants to go on photo adventures this summer, so hopefully I can learn a thing or two from her! Anyway, this is such an adorable outfit. Red, white and blue without being too super fourth of July. Love it!

Lyndsey said...

Well I happen to absolutely love your red, white and mint! those shorts look stunning on you and this outfit is soooooooooooo absolutely flattering and dreamy! i wish i had more minty and adorable things i my life like this :(!

Also, congrats on practicing and falling in love with photography! It's really such a wonderful thing (I take better photos of other people than I do myself!) I think photography is a real eye opener and it definitely lets you see someone's soul through their eyes when captured just right. You'll do great Mags, and DO post your shots, will ya!? :)

xoxoxo

Jennifer said...

I love these colours on you, they are absolutely stunning when paired together!

Good luck with your first photography gig, I'm sure it'll go wonderfully :)

kylee said...

i love that shirt.
i love those shorts.
i love your shoes.
i love this whole outfit.

aprileveryday said...

I love this outfit. It's nice to see something a little different to the usual red, white and blue as I was scrolling through my bloglovin haha! I've been loving mint lately too - its such a lovely colour.

Congrats on getting your first paid photography job! That must feel amazing! I absolutely love photograpy, especially taking portraits. Good Luck!

Mary said...

Congrats on the paid gig!

Helen at THELOVECATSINC said...

such a beautiful outfit!

from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

ps. check out my brand new giveaway!

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

You must be so excited about your first paid gig, that's such a huge step! I love this outfit too, I'm awful at trying to match colours but I love how you have managed here. You look stunning xo

Unknown said...

Maggie! You're looking incredible--thinner, happy, glowing, radiant, etc. And your hair is always so shiny!! I owned those shorts for a bit, but like you, they sat in my dresser for a few weeks, so I returned them. They look really great on you though and I'm glad you were able to unearth them! Green has been my favorite color since like Kindergarten. I'm so happy it's finally caught on ;) I'm so happy that you're having fun with photography! I've been meaning to get back into that! Andddd we need to email each other ASAP! It feels like it's been forever since we've caught up<3

The Braided Bandit said...

Congrats on your first paid gig next week, thats so exciting! I really wish I would just get out of my comfort zone and find some people to snap portraits of! It would be easier at home where I grew up and knew a ton of people for sure, but the handful of friends and associates I have met since moving to Colorado definitely isn't the same as someone I know really well!

Anyway, LOVE the mint and red together, it is one of my favorite combinations because it is unexpected, but so complimentary!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
xo Hannah

Natalie said...

I love love love that minty blue so much, and the peter pan collar is so adorable. I think that color would look really good with mustard yellow. It sounds like you have really productive days and that's great that you've been able to work with photography and portrait-taking so much lately, especially getting paid for it!

Aine O said...

omg just came across your blog!! its the cutest thing and so are you!! I'm totes following now!!

Jull Diaz said...

nice! I love your shirt :)
you look very romantic
kisses from:

http://julldiaz.blogspot.mx/

Hannah | The Outfit Repeater said...

Whoa, loooove this! You took a themed and made it YOURS. This makes me want to try my hand at this color mix, but unfortunately I don't own anything mint. Snap!

I'm so excited about your venture into photography! It's such a fun creative outlet - and like you said - you get to know people in a new way and get to capture their spirit on film. It's a pretty cool experience! Best of luck to you in the future. :)

Camila Faria said...

Adorable mint top! I'm also loving the shoes. Great outfit!

http://naomemandeflores.com/en

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

i love that you're doing new stuff with your photography. i know i could totally go in that route, but i don't really want to.

but man red and mint. love.

Unknown said...

I definitely love this color combination! I just bought a mint top and red shorts so I may have to try this out myself. I was thinking about doing it a few days ago and now that I saw your post it makes me want to wear them together even more. You look adorable, as always!

Cara said...

Aren't you adorable in this red, white and mint ensemble! Those scalloped shorts are so cute. I have a pair that I had totally forgotten about too but am so happy to have found! You have such a sweet blog!

Kristian said...

Oh my goodness, such a cute outfit and I'd never have thought to pair those colors, but they work well.

Good to hear you are enjoying photography a lot. Is that your job?

Katie Burry said...

Love your outfit! The mint + red is so gorgeous!

I've been getting really into photography as well. I got my first SLR camera for my graduation from my parents and I'm in love!

Do you use Flickr? I've been trying to socialize on it more, and I'm finding it to be quite fun!