Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 22

the dresses are back in black and peter pan collars

DSC_0327 alright, everyone. i figured out my dress problem. it's not that i fell out of love completely with dresses. no, that's not it. because i realized if anything, wearing this dress made me realize i'm not done with them and they are still my best friends. and then i went to salt like city and found the fall dress of my dreams. and most recently, saved my giftcards for THIS dress. it's safe to say that it wasn't that i wasn't feeling emotionally connected to my dresses anymore, just that what i want out of a dress has changed (ha, read between the lines here please). no more crazy patterns, please. no more empire awkward fitting waists that make me look like a teen mom. i'm not sure what this means for my closet (sophie? any of you?) but i'm going to have to purge soon. regardless, i'm just happy to say that i've got my dress mojo back.

there's this guy in my class that has complimented my Hunter rain boots all three times i've worn them to class. and here's the problem. i'm positive he is straight (all it takes is looking at his cargo pants and nike dunks)(wait, maggie, what kind of guy are you going for here!?!?!) but what i don't know is how long i have to wait before i can reply with, "so when are we getting coffee after class?". seriously, i'm awful at this. my strategy at the moment seems to be wearing my red rain boots and making sure i shower that morning. advice is welcome.

during my homework free weekend, i spent an entire day in bed doing HTML and crocheting and then another entire day outside taking pictures. if i didn't love montana before, it's official. i voyaged into the wilderness to find a park i had read about online. at first the massive crowds of joggers, bikers, family walkers, and children freaked me out. if i was at home, i would have gotten the inquisitive stink eye from each and every passerby. but missoula! oh missoula. every single person smiled at me with my camera and ridiculously impractical outfit for hanging out in the woods. several stopped and asked if they wanted to take a picture of us and several stopped to ask about our photography. no second guessing, no questioning our sanity. no! they thought we were awesome. it was fantastic. in missoula, it's perfectly normal to do obscene things for the sake of getting a good picture.

p.s. thank you to shelby for taking these lovely pictures! meeting people from the internest is becoming an addiction? she posted more pictures of me over there!
DSC_0348 DSC_0264 DSC_0262 DSC_0343
dress: Ruche // tights: target // shoes: Urban Outfitters

18 comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

That second to last photo is stunning! I remember seeing this dress pop up as your Facebook profile picture (I sound so creepy right now but I swear, I'm not) and I adore it! It's lovely seeing you in a dress again and you make me want to pull out my mustard tights! <3

Veronika Novotny said...

Yay, for falling in love with dresses!! And I'm pretty sure I need to style a black dress with some mustard tights ASAP because this look is all kinds of fall beautiful! You're always such an inspiration Maggie. Adore you + your blog! xo V

B said...

Ha! I feel the same way about my whole closet. I just want to start anew and get rid of everything. Also do it! Ask him out! In your Hunter rain boots!

Katherine said...

you look so adorable - i really love that dress and your tights

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails // current giveaway

Natalie said...

I love the polka dots on those sleeves! What a pretty dress. And what a pretty person wearing it. That's kind of great that no one was giving you weird looks or anything, just genuinely interested in what you were doing. Yay for nice people! And haha, I wish I could give you guy advice.

Charity said...

Absolutely adorable dress :) And your eyes look gorgeous in that fourth picture! <3

xx,
Charity

Paige Rhianne said...

You look so beautiful! Your outfit matches beautifully with the scenery! x

http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.co.uk/

Meg! said...

Missoulians are SOOOO friendly! I always forget how nice they are. Aww Missoula. And you look SO amazing, that dress is like it was made for you bb! xx

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

These photos are so beautiful. I love these outfits!

mypaintedbird.com said...

You look amazing! You rock that peter pan collar perfectly.

My Painted Bird

Katie Burry said...

What a gorgeous dress! I want it so badly, but it's too short for me. :( Too bad, but on the plus side it looks fantastic on you! <3

So glad you found you're back to liking dresses again! And my advice on the boy: next time he compliments your boots just ask if he wants to get a coffee with you sometime. At least, that's what I would do. ;)

kylee said...

i want this outfit, all of it. ASK MR. RED BOOT LOVER OUT! easier said than done, but really... do it. back to the outfit, i NEED that dress maggie. it's so classy and elegant without trying too hard you know? it's basically perfect.

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

yes to this dress.
and just ask the boy!

Lyndsey said...

Maggie you are just SO BEAUTIFUL. You are blossoming in every way possible and you are just. ah! you are just amazing. what else can i say?

le guy sounds interesting heheh, just walk up to him and act snazzy about it be like "hey! just had an awesome idea- i'm kidnapping you to a coffee date so I can share my caffeine addiction with someone else besides my cat", then laugh it off, and say "no but seriously, wanna go?" i'd fall in love with you if you said that to me. heck i'm already in love with you! just be yourself! don't hide the wonderful mags that we all know ♥ ;)

xoxoxo

Savannah Bradley said...

That. Dress. Ah!

Mary said...

I feel like it's a party in here. All these commenters are ebullient and super optimistic, haha. Everyone loves you! And keep us abreast of developments with this boy!

Unknown said...

Oh why hello perfect dress, and perfect backdrop! These photos (and you!!!!!!) are so gorgeous Maggie! I especially love the third to last photo! I know what you mean about not feeling connected to your dresses anymore! I love dresses still but I feel like most of mine are just too...young looking, especially for fieldwork.

Unknown said...

These pictures are so gorgeous! Perfect colors for fall! That dress looks oh so fabulous on you! :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/