Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 6

the last time you'll see this cardigan

DSC_0002
let's just make a tidy list of things i thought only belonged in 2010 maggie's world, shall we? florals, ankle boots, obsessing over one tree hill (this might be more 2008 but go with it), color coded notes (2011 and 2012 maggie was not organized), tim mcgraw, nail polish, wearing heels to school, watching pride and prejudice nightly, and english muffins. i'm...happy to say all of the above have returned? i'm going back to my roots...? 

i'm going through and purging my closet at the moment so i'm pulling out all the things i haven't worn in years. stubborn me looks at something i haven't worn in two years and says, why yes of course i still wear this! i will wear it tomorrow! and so i'm on an old clothes stint right now and this cardigan is included in that category. i may get rid of it? i may not? because i will probably wear it today and never again and stubborn maggie is just that?

aside from that i don't have too much food for thought to put on the table but i can guarantee i will after this friday evening. that's all i'm saying for now. 
DSC_0005 DSC_0014DSC_0025
*apparently it was utterly impossible for me to keep a straight face for a picture of my face today (as jenny says, i have a serious problem with talking and telling stories when people are taking blog pictures of me.) sooo... just enjoy these pictures with me? we'll call it the (very accurate) portrayal of my story telling face.
DSC_0020 DSC_0018 DSC_0001
cardigan forever 21 // dress, scarf & belt urban outfitters // boots aldo 

also if you're into that sort of thing, tim mcgraw's new song with taylor swift is realllllllly great.

16 comments:

SomeoneLikeYou said...

DON'T YOU DARE GET RID OF THAT CARDIGAN. Gahh, it's perfect <3

Abbey said...

Those boots!
haha I have a trash bag full of clothes that have been sitting next to my door for three months now... not sure if they'll ever make it to goodwill.

Mary said...

WAITTTTTTT, DO YOU HAVE A DATE FOR FRIDAY NIGHT?!!!

Elana said...

You should absolutely keep this cardigan! It's crazy cute. I do that too though, I have a million things thy I SAY I wear all the time...but not so much. Also, this dress. I want.

Anonymous said...

pretty dress! :0Irene Wibowo

Shawnee said...

YES that new song is perfection. !!! also i feel like we would be great coffee shop friends.. stories are kinda my favorite. listening and telling. :)

Dillon said...

Are these pictures taken while you're almost standing in a stream? Also, your story telling faces >

Sampada said...

I make faces when telling stories too! I mean, most people do, but mine are similar to yours :) Please don't get rid of that cardigan, it's too cute to let go! And yay for returning to roots!

Looking lovely.

-Rose

rose-et-violet.blogspot.com

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I was all ABOUT one tree hill...right down to the last season. It's one of the only shows I've stuck with from beginning to end. I can't count the number of times I've cried at it....lol.

inventedromance said...

This is an adorable outfit! I laughed so much at your storytelling faces, haha you're so cute! And I definitely have the same problem with old clothes. I'm starting to think I might actually be a hoarder

xo inventedromance.blogspot.ca

Katherine said...

I love the dress and cardigan together! I try and go through my closet like that and make sure I am wearing everything in it. And I love your little outtake photos - you are seriously too adorable!

<3 katherine / of corgis & cocktails

Natalie said...

Sometimes we just end up regressing to our past selves in the best possible ways. No judgement, man. But yeah, getting rid of all of the old wanted things in your life is always a good feeling, although it can be difficult to do. PURGE! Also, you are adorable.

Theresa said...

You are too cute. I was actually attempting to go through and get rid of some of my own clothes right now right before being distracted by all the blogs I have been missing out on recently. It's so difficult to get rid of items! But I suppose, sometimes you have to let go of things to make room for the new, and that goes for more than just clothes. ^_^

kylee said...

that floral cardigan wins, my vote is to keep it.

Lyndsey said...

HAHA!! I seriously LOL'd so much while reading this. I do exactly the same things! I just got fed up with it and stared at all of my clothes all over the floor for a month until I finally just got rid of them yesterday. ridiculous. you're hilarious and I love Tim Mcgraw. and Taylor. country music is kind of a thing down in Georgia, if no one else knew that.

I love the old Maggie and the new Maggie! do what you love and love what you love. or don't love. or love for a little while and then forget about it and then love it again to unlove it once more.

♥♥♥♥♥

Hannah said...

You never fail to brighten my day, I swear! I think that cardigan is a keeper, personally. Floral is always fab to me x