Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 26

SENIOR YEAR of college is brewing

It's that time of year when I think I'm ready for heaps of homework because there's only so much fun I can actually have day after day with my friends, I'm hunting Craigslist like a hawk for furniture and this year, a bicycle, accidentally taking the longest routes home because I haven't mapped out the new area where I live yet, and preparing makeshift meals because my pantry isn't filled yet. Case in point: last night I had an english muffin with peanut butter, a piece of watermelon, and some Wheat Thins for dinner. You only college once, right?

Anyways, it's 11AM and I've finished my first day as a senior in college already. Already, I've been mistaken for a freshmen, but all is good. I've come to terms with the fact that every bouncer I meet is going to ask to see everything in my wallet with my name on it (health insurance card, library card- you name it) and other freshmen on campus will lump me in their category.

I guess now that college is rolling again and I'm back in Montana, it's time to also blog again. I say I "guess" because I am once again in charge of my own schedule so I have some flexibility and thus, will  probably procrastinate on homework and other things I should be doing by documenting life occurrences.

This year I solemnly swear I will: journal and write 250 words daily, eat less carbs and more greens, move everything important to my external hard drive, not be such an internet junkie and enjoy my friends, meet Taylor Swift again, get a job, and, uh, just live life with more gratitude. Gratitude! That's my word of the year. Seattle was a wonderful great place where I got to live my dreams for a few months but if anything, coming back to Montana has shown me that most of experiencing new things is being grateful for what's available to you and putting yourself out there. You gotta do things to experience them, not complain about what you don't have, you know?
photo

5 comments:

Veronika Novotny said...

Eat less carbs, oh my gosh, I'm SO there. I've been very lazy with my diet lately and my body is reminding me of it. Lack of energy, ect. Best of luck to all your mini goals. And a big, yes, to you blogging more. Love your space!!

xo
By The Shore

Shelby said...

ahhh this is so exciting! i am so beyong jealous! due to unforeseen situations, i am not going to school this semester, and it is seriously killing me!! all i want is to be in school. i am not trying to persuade you in any way at all, but.... if you start blogging lots i wouldn't be mad. haha just sayin'
alright, you are lovely! like seriously, you are the greatest. ok, bye

Abbey said...

Happy first day of senior year!!! Savor it. :)

Natalie said...

HAPPY FIRST DAY BACK! You guys are all so pretty. Good luck with settling into your new place and getting it all together to feel like home and such. And when helping my friend move into college I was asked like four times if I was her younger sister... nope.

petal and plume said...

what an exciting time to be entering in to! all the best!
xx