Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 3

cat sweaters and english professors and banana costumes

If ever there was a picture to describe me at the ripe blossomed age of 21, this would be it. photo (1)
My life is kind of coming together in a more organized fashion. I need a new dresser and I'm trying so hard not to go the Target route because I know something WILL pop up on Craigslist and I just need to wait it out. In the meantime, all my clothes are on the ground. Finally, Target restocked their planners so now I can write tidy to do lists of my homework by day so I actually feel at rest with my daily agenda.

Alas, this is the first semester I am 100% English Major. I am in three literature classes so that I can knock out all the pre reqs in one semester so that I can graduate in five years and not a day more. Nothing like some immersion into the English world like being thrown into fifty pages of assigned reading PER class PER night, I guess. I'm getting through it. It's still better than organic chemistry and physics so all is well that means well. And, by freaking golly, English Majors like me! They might choose questionable recreational drugs to use in their spare time and they might think that they are writing the next great American novel but they seem to like my not-so-ironic love for cats and tea when they ask what I like to do. They also don't know that I prefer Taylor Swift's lyrical poetry (not ironically) to Walt Whitman yet, so that's the only explanation that I can think of. (Just kidding, I'm warming up to dear old Walt). And, I even love my professors! On the first day of class, my American Lit teacher said that we were to have NO friends outside his class and spend NO time on the internet or "that Tumblr thing- which I've been on and is pretty fucking awesome, but you will not use it". I felt like I was in my niche.

Otherwise, my body still aches from dressing in a banana costume and dancing harder than I dance alone in my bedroom on Tuesday nights (Taylor is on the brain, ya'll) but no surprise, my concert weekend was the best weekend possibly ever. There's a reason I will never be ashamed of loving pop music and pop concerts and it's because of how unapologetic a pop music fan can be at a concert. Squealing, screaming, screeching- it all goes. And in my case, wild thrashing. Amen.
Afterlight

14 comments:

J said...

You crack me up with your adorableness.

Emma Jane said...

I love English Majors. We accept the quirks that we all have. And the fact that so much reading means we have feline best friends. I agree about how free pop concerts are. When I went to Lady Gaga... the dancing could NOT be stopped and it was amazing. Glad you are loving school!

Em
Tightrope to the Sun

Nataly said...

Haha, I absolutely adore your cat sweater, you glasses and your hair! And your rockin' that banana costume, girl ;)

carly said...

yes, just yes. to all of this.
and also, i'm pretty darn jealous that you went to the t-swift concert on saturday. i was this! close to going, but my fellow swift fans are all back at school in their respective far away states. who invented far away schools? but, haha, so glad you went bananas dancing there!

Abbey said...

THAT is an amazing costume! And that sweater is so great.

Shawnee said...

um you're the best. last night i watched a few of the videos from taylor's tacoma concert and died because i knew you were there in person. it was just soooo good. yayyyyy english!!

that sweater though. cant even handle it. i need to show it to my mom (she'll consider buying it for me).

shayla. said...

your style/blog are darling!! :)

shayla. said...

your style/blog are darling!! :)

shayla. said...

your style/blog are darling!! :)

Shelby said...

that sweater... stop it right now! i need it in my life. oh, and stop having the most perfect hair on the PLANET, okay? you make the rest of us look bad. everyone needs to have some kind of love for pop music. they really are the best concerts. you can just go 100% crazy, and it is beautiful. your bananas... best thing of my life!

kylee said...

i live for the planner life. i would absolutely die without mine. i'm with you... give me 500 extra pages to read if it means i'm reading REAL books and not text books. my last semester of college was my best - best classes, best teachers, best grades (one of those classes was my children's international lit class - LOVED IT!). remember when you asked me which shoes to wear with a navy dress - those red t-straps win.

Z said...

You hit english majors right on the head! That's exactly who we are...and, well, we're not always proud of it. So glad you had an awesome time at T-Swift!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

UGH...I miss English/lit classes so much, although I never really liked any of the poetry the professors would pick for us to analyze. I always enjoyed the novels and short stories.

Unknown said...

This post is adorable! Love your banana suits

http://17oncaffeineandfuturequeen.blogspot.com.au/